The date is approaching fast and we’re making preparations. Don’t miss out!
The big day may have come and gone, but keep in touch as we’re always up to something new and exciting.
Discounted rooms by mentioning they are with the Beech Bash 2024!
Attendees are welcome to check in April 26th and checkout April 28th.
Stay tuned for more information...
The 2nd annual Beech Bash in the Bluegrass preliminary schedule of events is here!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dates: April 28-30, 2023
Location: Madisonville Regional Airport in Madisonville, Ky. 2I0 (Two India Zero)
This perfectly central location has a wonderful facility boasting a 6,051 foot paved and well-lit runway with great approaches. Late April is typically known to have beautiful weather in Western Kentucky conducive to outdoor activities. Come to this event with the expectation of having a great time and enjoying the company of fellow Beechcraft and Bonanza owners. Additionally, we will have the biggest names in general aviation sharing their knowledge with our group. Listen to our amazing guest speakers: Mark Baker, Tom Turner, Scott Perdue, and Martin Pauly!
Below is a schedule of events as well as a list of all the additional perks afforded to our attendees:
· Arrivals all day (snacks provided at the airport)
· 6:00pm- Dinner with Jerry begins (at the airport)
· 6:15pm- Speaker Jerry Clemens, Clemens Insurance agency will update you on latest insurance concerns and answer all your insurance questions, https://www.clemensinsurance.net/
· 7:00pm- Speaker Martin Pauly - New ways to have fun with your airplane, https://martin.aero/wordpress/
· 7:45pm- Airport shenanigans or explore town on your own
· 9:00pm- Last shuttle leaves the airport to hotels
· 7:00am- Dawn Patrol flight organized by Mike Turner Bo Nanza
· 8:00am- Breakfast at the airport (Pancakes and sausage by Lions Club)
· 8:20am- Welcome to the 2nd annual Beech Bash in the Bluegrass by Mayor Cotton
· 8:30am- Speaker Scott Perdue, Flywire, will be there to share information on The Joy of Flight and display his F33C aerobatic bonanza, https://www.flywire.online/
· 9:15am- Speaker Thomas P. Turner discussing Maximum Proficiency, Tom is the Executive Director, ABS Air Safety Foundation, https://www.bonanza.org/
· 10:00am- Break- enjoy the live band playing bluegrass music, check out the vendors’ booths, fly full motion helicopter simulators, enjoy the static aircraft displays to include a Beech 18, the first ever turbo normalized Baron, Scott Crane’s award winning 1948 v-tail and many more
· 11:00am- lunch is served at the airport
· 11:30am- Speaker Mark Baker, President of AOPA discussing GA state of affairs, https://www.aopa.org/
· 12:15pm- Speaker Tim Roehl & George Braly from Tornado Alley Turbo will provide the answers to your turbo normalization and GAMI questions as well as an update on 100UL. https://taturbo.com/frames.html
· 1:00pm- Raffle drawing, thank you to our sponsors & speakers
· 1:15pm- break with more live music, vendors, dessert food trucks, simulators, flying etc.
· 2:00pm- Shuttles to Bard’s distillery begin. Take a free tour of the distillery and enjoy bourbon tasting from the numerous different bourbons made by Bard https://thebarddistillery.com/
· 4:00pm- Shuttles to Riddle Farm from to Bard Distillery begin
· 4:30pm- Dinner with Jimmy Riddle at the Riddle Farm followed by more shenanigans. Folks this is where the real fun begins. We’ll have more live music, delicious food, skeet shooting (Guns and ammo will be provided), a real live Kentucky mountain man demonstrating primitive hunting weapons, tours of the 1,000-acre farm via UTV, home brewed libations along with beer and wine. We’ll wind down the festivities with a night cap around the bonfire so bring your bottle of bourbon. From there shuttles will take you to your hotel or back to the airport if you’re camping.
· Evening spent at Riddle Farm, then shuttles back to hotels for the night
· 7:00am- Shuttles to airport begin, coffee & donuts available at the airport
· 7:15am- Departures at your leisure
More additional benefits:
Discounted rooms at the Hampton Inn & The Holiday Inn in Madisonville. Our attendees will get a group rate discount by mentioning they are with the Beech Bash! Attendees are welcome to check in April 29th and checkout May 1st. Hampton Inn—call 270-825-2226 or Holiday Inn 270-452-2377 and ask for the front desk or you can book online at: https://www.hiexpress.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=EX&localeCode=en®ionCode=1&hotelCode=OWBMA&_PMID=99801505&GPC=BBB&cn=no&viewfullsite=true
If hotels are not your style, feel free to camp on site next to your plane! This time of year typically makes for great camping weather.
2 world class aviation photographers, Gary Chambers and Bob Burns will be there again to capture all the fun. You may find a picture of your plane taking off or landing if you're following the Beech Bash in the Bluegrass Facebook page.
Our attendees will receive a fuel discount of 25 cents per gallon off the normal price!
We will be raffling 100 gallons of fuel from Titan Fuel. Your chance to win big!
Use of 4 Redbird full motion simulators for attendees to have an opportunity to fly helicopters!
Memorabilia, T-shirts, and Hats will be available for purchase.
It's critical that you register at the Eventbrite site so we can plan for transportation as there is no Uber or Lyft available in this area.
Blue Dot Cab Company will have a limited number of cars available. 270-821-8220
We cannot wait to see everyone there!
*While this event is completely free, donations will be gladly accepted to help offset some of the costs.
Additionally, while we have some committed sponsors, we are looking for more. Please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org of you or your company would like to be a sponsor.
Huge thanks to all the people listed above and Emily Jones Herron as well as the City of Madisonville for helping us put this together!
Beech Bash in the Bluegrass
Copyright © 2022 Beech Bash in the Bluegrass (TM) a Beechcraft Fly-In with Kentucky Charm - All Rights Reserved.
Thank you for visiting!
Beech Bash 2024 is in the works! We will have registration open soon...